Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

August 24th 2009. The day many of have either been looking forward to or dreading. Today was our first day back in school! When I was getting ready this morning, it didn’t really faze me that I was actually going back to college. I wasn’t quite in the mind set yet. My first two classes were on at the Tempe campus, and literally taking my first step on to campus, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I’M BACK IN SCHOOL! Walking around campus and seeing all the hustle and bustle put a smile on my face. In some weird way I actually missed school and the craziness that comes with it. Just being on campus put my brain on “school mode” and I was ready to go!

My first class consisted of about 150 students and all of us were crammed into a lecture hall. After that first class I met up with some friends and headed towards the ASU watering hole, aka the MU. My next class was science and that also consisted of about 150 students as well. It wasn’t all that bad and honestly I really don’t mind big class sizes. It gives me the chance to meet more people! I then had another break and hopped on the lightrail and headed towards the lovely Downtown Phoenix campus. Before I entered University Center I thought that it would be a little calmer than that Tempe campus. I was wrong. University Center was packed with students, chairs were occupied in the lobby, and more students were just kind of walking around. I then realized that many programs had moved to the Phoenix campus, and with the programs, also came the students. Not that I’m complaining or anything, it was just different! Seeing so many students at once in the University Center is a change of pace. I’m excited to see new faces here at the Downtown Phoenix campus!

Now that I’m back on campus it really made me realize that summer is over and a new semester has now begun. Now I must say goodbye to my summer days and summer nights and say hello to all nighters! With that being said, I hope to make this semester the best it can possibly be, both academically and socially. Here’s to making a great fall semester and I wish everyone the very Best of Luck!!!! Go Sun Devils!!!!



Lonni Summers

0 comments: