On December 30th through the 31st, my friends and I decided to take a trip up to Flagstaff to play in the snow. It turned out to be a couple’s trip because my best friend Reyna and her boyfriend Sean went with me and my boyfriend Andy. We loaded up our boxy Honda Element with a cooler full of food, snack food, water, and Capri Suns, crammed a couple of plastic sleds and a giant pink inflatable tube (which is actually suppose to be used for water, not snow), and we all piled into the car and headed out of the Valley. It was about a two and half hour ride up to Flagstaff so we entertained ourselves with a hodgepodge of music from all of our iPods and there was a lot of karaoke style singing going on in that car!
We finally made it up to Flagstaff and of course it started snowing, which was a little scary because Sean our driver has never driven in snow before, but he learned quickly! We made a quick stop at Target to get a few clothing items (I needed a belt and Sean needed a jacket. Who doesn’t bring a jacket to the snow?! Haha!) then we went and checked into our hotel. After resting for about an hour we all got ready and headed out to go ice skating! It was an indoor rink and we only paid six bucks to for skate rentals and admission. We all skated for about an hour then went to grab some dinner. We ate at the Beaver Street Brewery and the food was pretty good. After a long day, we all went back to the room to get some shut eye and wake up early the next morning for sledding.
The next day we woke up to a non snowing day and the sun was bright and shining. It was the perfect day to hit the hills and go sledding! After nourishing ourselves with the complementary breakfast from the hotel, we checked out, grabbed our belongings, and drove to the snow play area. We went to Crowley Pit Snow Play Area which was free of charge and plenty of big hills for us big kids! We grabbed our sleds, blew up the pink tube, and charged up the hills. There was a good amount of people there but it definitely not over crowded so there was plenty of room for everyone. We all took turns going down in various ways, front ways, head first, sideways, and every other way. After awhile, Andy and I decided to try going down a hill and then hitting a snow ramp while going down. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. He went first and ended up hitting the end of the ramp. When it was my turn, he told me to start to my right then start leaning left as I went down the hill, he said I should be able to hit the ramp right in the middle. Following my boyfriend’s directions, I actually did hit the ramp dead on the middle, BUT what I wasn’t ready for was hitting it at full speed, getting some serious air, freaking out, letting go of my sled, and totally wiping out. Mind you, all of that happened within like 7 seconds. After landing right on my butt and knocking all the air out of me, you would think I would be in tears. Well, I was but I also couldn’t stop laughing. I was in pain, cold, wet, and all bruised up but it was by far one of the funniest things I’ve ever done! I could not stop laughing despite the pain I was feeling on my behind. Andy came rushing down the hill to see if I was alright only to find me laughing, crying, and saying ow. He chuckled at my silliness and continued to help me up and brush the snow off of me. After that incident, we called our friends over and of course boys being boys, Sean and Andy decided to make the ramp bigger and better and try it out again. On my second run I was so scared but thankfully I didn’t eat it like last time, my friend Reyna… well not so lucky. She kind of hurt herself, so we decided that we had enough sledding for the day.
Completely exhausted, we got lunch, climbed back into the Honda Element and drove back down to the Valley. The trip was so much fun and full of memories that I will always keep. If you haven’t made it up North yet, GO NOW! Break is almost over and my advice to all of you is to do some sort of snow activity. Even if it’s just for the day, it’s so worth it! I added some pictures of our fun filled trip at the bottom. School is just around the corner but I hope everyone is having a fun break. Have a Wonderful Day!!!
Lonni Summers







0 comments:
Post a Comment