Monday, January 11, 2010

Honey and Acne

Today, I have decided to blog about something not related to tourism, ASU, or anything school related. I actually want to share my excitement over a new beauty tip I just discovered that can be used for guys and girls. We all get breakouts here and there and I know it’s not fun. I have recently been breaking out a lot which is weird because I never really ever had that problem before. I decided to look up a few ways to treat breakouts/acne. I don’t like using a lot of chemicals and I find that when I do my skin doesn’t like it very much, so I started researching natural ways to help my skin. That’s when I came across honey. At first I thought it was impossible! I mean, putting honey on my skin will help my breakout? You’re kidding, right? Yet, the more I researched, the more I found people raving about the results they were having, so I thought “What the heck! I’ll give it a try”.

I decided to just a do a plain honey mask. What you will need is pure honey. Make sure you have PURE honey and it doesn’t have any additives like corn syrup or anything else because those ingredients are not good for your skin. You can find pure honey at your grocery store or if you’re lucky like me, you might have some in your kitchen already.

Directions

1. Take about a tablespoon of honey and put it in a microwave safe container. Heat the honey up for about 6 seconds or less. Do Not overheat the honey because this stuff will boil and you don’t want to put that on your face. You just want the honey to get to a liquid consistency so it’s easier to spread on your face.

2. For girls, pull back your hair so it is out of your face. Next put some of the warm honey on your fingertips and starting with the affected area on the face (the area of the face with the acne) gently massage the honey into the skin.

3. Once you’ve cover the affected area, take more honey and start massaging it all over the rest of your face. You want to keep massaging the honey into the skin for about 3 to 5 minutes and after that, leave the honey on for about 15 to 20 minutes.

4. After the time is up, wash your face off with warm water. You don’t have to use soap; the warm water should do the trick just fine. Pat your face dry with a clean towel, and you’re done!

This treatment was great for my skin! I was really skeptical at first but after trying it, I love it. I instantly noticed reduced swelling and redness from my breakouts and the honey left my face feeling soft and moisturized. Now this treatment doesn’t completely get rid of your acne right away but it does help. Even if you don’t breakout or have any acne try doing this mask anyways. The warm honey feels really nice when you apply it and when you wash it off it leaves you face feeling amazing, so just try it! Have an Incredible Day!!!


Lonni Summers

0 comments: