Monday, November 16, 2009

Registration for Classes and My Frustration

Registration for classes can be a very fun experience for many, but for some it is anything but enjoyable. I’m usually one of those students that love signing up for classes and getting ready for a new and exciting semester. That was until I experienced getting a late registration date. Like many sophomores, I got a late registration date (Nov 11 to be exact). Not thinking much of it, I honestly thought I would get into all the classes I needed for the Spring semester. WRONG! When I hopped on my laptop and got all ready to sign up for my classes two of the five classes I needed were completely filled with no more room for little old me. Now mind you, I actually need these classes for my major. They weren’t electives, they were actually required courses (the courses are TDM 325 and TDM 415). Not going to lie, I was a little upset because I was really looking forward to taking these particular classes. Thinking that maybe I could change this, I went up to see an advisor to see if there was some way I could possibly get into these classes. I was put on a waiting list and told that I would be informed later on in the day if they had opened up more seats. This was on Thursday; it is now Monday and still no word. I am assuming that no seats have been opened so I will probably have to make my way back to see an advisor and inquire about these two classes. I know I can take these classes in the Fall, but honestly I was really hoping to take them this Spring.

This whole late registration appointment is somewhat of a downer for us sophomores and I wish the University had a different way for us to get into our classes. I have talked to many other students from the Tempe and Downtown campus and those with late registration dates were not too happy about it. I’m sure there is some particular reason we have the system the way it is, but either way, I am still a frustrated student that couldn’t get into certain classes due to a late registration appointment. I guess we’ll see if ASU can work some magic and get me into these classes! Other than that, I hope the semester is going well for you all and don’t worry, Winter Break is just around the corner! Have an Awesome Day!!!



Lonni Summers

0 comments: