This year I decided to purchase ASU season passes which grants me access to all home football and basketball games. This is my second year at ASU and I never got the chance to experience a football game my freshman year. With seven home football games I was totally stoked to have season passes. My excitement was deterred due to some scheduling conflicts including having to work on the very first game of the season. Saturday morning I got up and got ready for a long day of work at Big Surf Waterpark, I then received a call from my boss informing me that the park would not open that day due to the weather. With a grin on my face, I hopped right back into bed and slept! Upon waking up, my dad asked me what my plans for the day were and just like that, I realized I could now go to the football game! I got part of my homework done, then after threw on my gold Sun Devils shirt, and headed towards my very first college football game.
In high school I attended all the football games, but nothing could prepare me for this game. The energy is INSANE! Students, family, and even children were decked out in gold ready to cheer on ASU. The line to get into the stadium was so long and later I found out that people have been waiting in line since 3 o’clock in the afternoon! Thankfully my group got really good seats in the student section. As it got closer to kick off the energy in the student section continued to rise. It was nothing like I have ever seen or felt before. I couldn’t help but get sucked into it. Screaming at the top of my lungs and creating the Pitchfork with my fingers, I cheered on our ASU football team.
Shouting A-S-U, I watched our Sun Devils dominate the field that night, crushing the Idaho State Bengals 50-3. With numerous interceptions and touchdowns, the game surely did entertain the masses. When the game was over and the students started to file out of the stadium, I felt a great sense of pride being a Sun Devil. Not only because we won, but also just seeing all the spirit in that stadium and watching my fellow peers come together for this one event to support not only our football team, but our university as well. If you haven’t gone to a game yet, I HIGHLY suggest going. Even if you’re not a football fan I still believe every student should try going to a game least once in their college life. This game will forever be a part of my college experience and something I will always remember. Go Sun Devils!!!
Lonni Summers


0 comments:
Post a Comment