Hello! My name is Appolonnia Trisha Summers. For short, everyone just calls me Lonni. I am a new addition to StARs and I thought I would share a little about myself. I was born and raised here in Arizona and every since I was five years old I’ve known I wanted to come to ASU. I am currently a sophomore at ASU in the College of Public Program at the Downtown Phoenix Campus. My major is Tourism Development and Management and I have very much enjoy the courses within my major and I love learning as much as I possibly can about tourism and all the different aspects involved in the field. Right now I am very interested in Hotel and Resort management and I hope in the future my career will be in that field.
Along with being a full time student I am also involved in a student organization called Camp Sparky. We mentor 5th graders and talk to them about the importance of their education and how they should continue their education through college. We also discuss the benefits of a college education and how they can pay for school. At the end of the year we have Big Camp, where we take a group of fifth graders camping for three days and learn, be around nature, and just have a ton of fun!
Over the summer I work at Big Surf Waterpark as a Lifeguard Instructor/Supervisor. I teach people how to be a lifeguard and also make sure that current lifeguards at Big Surf keep up on their skills. This will be my third season there and I love it. I like the interaction I get with my lifeguards and I also enjoy meeting and talking with the different customers that come through our park. Plus, who wouldn’t want to work at a waterpark? It’s a blast!
I love being around my family and friends and without them I don’t know where I would be! I also enjoy reading, hiking, dancing, traveling, and spending time with the people I love. I just recently returned from my trip in the Philippines and it was AMAZING! I was there for three weeks and did so much while I was there. I will soon have another blog up with a full detail description of my trip and photos as well.
I hope you got to know a little bit about me will and keep an eye out for more blogs from me about being a student at Arizona State University and the wonderful world of tourism!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
About Me!
Posted by Lonni at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment